Every Sunday, unless it's a
koopzondag, the shops are closed and our little town is very quiet. Provided it isn't raining or snowing, we almost always go cycling on Sunday afternoons. The great thing about living here is that we're surrounded by cycle lanes. We can go anywhere - safely! - by bike. It's great to explore where we live on two wheels, especially as we get to see things that would be impossible to spy if we'd be in the car.
Our Sunday cycle never fails to put me in a great mood. Except for today as my back tyre was flat! I did voice my concern about the tyre needing to be pumped up before we left the house but
DAAN someone told me it was fine. It wasn't. Not that long into our journey, I knew it was too flat to be cycling on and our journey was cut short. I just hope it isn't punctured.
Here are a few snaps of what we spotted during our short expedition today:
The corn has been cut down or is completely dried out. Another one of those signs that summer is over.
I've noticed a lot of these lately. I suspect they are destined to become Christmas trees.
Aaah, lots of greenery. You wouldn't get to see this from the car!
Never far from water (of course!)
I love cycling at the weekend! You're lucky to have a Dutch husband for that - my Scottish one is a bit of a cyclophobe.
ReplyDeleteLovely pics, especially the last two!
ReplyDeleteMwa, that's funny. Cycling was the first thing I got into when I moved here. I cycle just about everywhere.
ReplyDeleteBaking Soda, that's very kind. I don't a thing about photos except point the camera and click! We just happen to live near some very pretty places :-)