Sometimes we see some book stalls at the market in town and I always head straight for the children's books. I sometimes purchase something and now have a small collection of Dutch children's books. I try to make an effort to read even a little bit of one of the books each night. Most of them are picture books or short stories but I'm pretty sure that this little bit of reading has really helped my vocabulary.
Last week Daan came home with two new books for me because I've nearly finished all the books I have. He was away for work and found them during his lunch break in a second-hand bookstore.
They are a lot more advanced than the books I've been reading so far. I really love how old school the books look. Swoon.



My girlfriend keeps all her books (so do I really but all the ones from my childhood are still back in England with my parents). I've been reading a few of her Dutch children's books to help with my Dutch.
ReplyDeleteHi Aggie! Thanks for visiting.
ReplyDeleteI sometimes read the metro, when I see it at the station :-)
Reading is the best, I think!